Top Easy Home Updates You Should Make Before New Tenants Move In
If you have a rental property, you need to ensure that it is in excellent condition between tenants move out and new tenants move in. There will always be few problems that have to be fixed such as the paints on the wall, the fixtures might be damaged and need replacement, or the rental property might be just a little unsafe than it previously was. No matter what the condition, as a property owner, you need to ensure that the new tenants are happy with the property during their stay there. Here are some useful tips to update your rental property before new tenants move in –
- Fix All Damages – When a tenant moves out of your property, you will find some sort of damages even if the tenant did not intend to do it purposely. The damage can also cause harm to the new tenants, so it is essential that you check the structure of the house along with the appliance to ensure that they are in perfect condition. You should also check for any molds in the house and also ensure that the smoke detectors are working correctly.
- Check All Fittings and Flooring of the House – compared to other parts of the house, the flooring and the fittings undergo significant wear and tear over time. Thus, you should ensure that both of them are of the highest quality and if they need a replacement, it should be done so with the highest quality materials so that they will last much longer.
- Repaint the House – If you see that the paint of the house is looking dull or it is peeling, you can add a fresh coat of paint before the new tenants move in. Repainting the walls can easily increase the appeal of the house and make the house feel welcoming. You can choose to paint the house yourself or hire someone else to do it for you.
- Pressure Wash Your Property – If you feel that you do not have the time for painting the entire property, you can opt for pressure washing. It is the most cost effective way to clean the house. Not only will your house look great, but your tenants will also be impressed by you. You can hire a contractor who can visit the property and pressure wash it so that it is done before the new tenants move in.
- Provide Washer and Dryer to Your Tenants – While it may not be the most inexpensive updates, you should think about providing washer and dryer to your tenants. They are seen as a high deciding factor for many tenants. But, you can consider it to be an investment as you can charge a little higher rent if you choose to install them on your property. Most tenants would not mind paying a little extra for them.
- Install Eco-Friendly Updates – You can easily save money on your rental property by updating it with eco-friendly appliances and fixtures such as smart appliances and low-flush toilet. These are not just good for the environment, but your tenants will appreciate it too.
- Change the Locks – Once your tenants move out, you should change the locks even if you have taken the keys of the property from your previous tenants. It will prevent any unfortunate incidence with your past tenants and ensure that the new ones are completely safe.
- Provide a Cleaning Kit to New Tenants – Before your new tenants move in, you should have a small welcome package ready for the tenants that can contain bleach, cleaner, and sponges. It will help you encourage the new tenants to keep the property clean from the very start.
As a rental property owner, it is your duty to ensure that the property is damage free. By investing in the proper management of your property can go a long way by allowing you to earn good money from your investment. If you feel that you cannot spend as much time on its maintenance, you can hire a property management company to help you out. Their job is to ensure that your property is in excellent condition during and in between tenancy. The property manager will schedule routine inspections of the property and check in with the tenants to ensure that everything is in good working condition. The managers also respond quickly to any maintenance request so that all repairs are fixed instantly without any delay. You should check the reviews of the property management company before hiring them to ensure that you are picking the best one.
Buying second-hand parts could be dangerous and are legally so. Valuing at approximately $30 billion or so, the point that the exact Truck p...
Now you have finally decided to make an investment in all commercial properties, maybe a shopping centre or office spaces. What are you goin...